Beneath that helmet,under that unruly curly hair, inside the cranium, there is something we don’t know, something beyond scientific measure. Something that allows him to soar, to roam a territory of sport that, forget us, even those who are gifted enough to play alongside him cannot fathom. When he goes out to bat, people switch on their televisions, and switch off their lives.
– BBC Sports
Here’s celebrating the many occasions that Amul paid a tribute to the great man. Given his popularity, there are manyyyy!
1. When Sachin played his 100th Test
2. When Sachin returned to International Cricket in October 2005 with a spectacular innings.
3. When Sachin Tendulkar was nominated to the Rajya Sabha
4. When the nation was obsessed with Sachin’s Hundredth Hundred.
5. When Sharapova did not know who Sachin was.
6. When Sachin made the record breaking 35th Test Century, breaking Sunil Gavaskar’s record!
7. When the world couldn’t stop comparing Don Bradman and Sachin Tendulkar
8. When he finally got that 100th 100!
9. When Sachin dedicated his Bharat Ratna to all mothers in 2013.
10. When the media speculated like crazy on Sachin’s back trouble affecting his future career.
11. When he was playing his last Test Match in November 2013.
12. When umpire Dickie Bird chose his World XI and kept Sachin out of it, while including Sunny G.
13. When Ricky Ponting was to share a dressing room with Sachin and Harbhajan!
14. When Sachin became the first batsman to score 50 Centuries in December 2010.
15. When there was a furore over the friendship between Sachin and Kambli.
16. When there was controversy surrounding Adam Gilchrist accusing Sachin of not having a sporting attitude & being a liar, in his about to be released autobiography.
17. When Sachin decided to retire from the game, and we all wept a little bit inside.
Ofcourse there is so much more to his story, and a few ads won’t encapsulate that, but it’s a good ride down memory lane.
“If Sachin bats well, India sleeps well.” – Harsha Bhogle