Virat Kohli was recently named the 6th most marketable athlete in the world by a Birtish Sports magazine! This list consisted the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi, Usain Bolt, and Saina Nehwal who was listed at 44.
The magazine said it considered the marketing potential of an athlete over the next three years, not their current potential. You know this an epic feat when you see the top 10 list, and the epic company Virat is in :
1. Eugenie Bouchard (Tennis)
2. Neymar (Football)
3. Jordan Spieth (Golf)
4. Missy Franklin (Swimming)
5. Lewis Hamilton (F1)
6. Virat Kohli (Cricket)
7. Stephen Curry (Basketball)
8. Kei Nishikori (Tennis)
9. Katarina Johnson-Thompson (Athletics)
10. Usain Bolt (Athletics)
Virat Kohli has his antics, combined with raw talent, which is growing by the day, which makes him the most marketable, and the following points will prove that :
1. He is 5th on the list of most ODI centuries scored by a player, and he has played 1/3rd of the games than those above him.
2. He is a gem at press events
3. He is the center of attention even with Chris Gayle around :
4. He has the 6th highest batting average in ODIs, and wow look at that elite company
5. He floored us, when he impersonated Yuvraj Singh making fielding changes.
7. That moment when he thought of something dirty, but refused to tell it out loud.
8. He’s been facing the advertising camera since a very young age.
10. He is the captain of the Indian Cricket Team