IPL was a boon for cricket and cricketers in India – This we all know. But it has equally been a boon for other sports as well. Riding on it’s popular format, we saw the ITPL – Indian Tennis Premier League, we saw the Indian Soccer League, there already was a Hockey League, P Gopichand introduced a Badminton League, and currently we are seeing the second season of Pro Kabaddi League, and it’s grabbing wayyy too many eye balls!
Homegrown Talent? Check
Packed Stadiums? Check
Big Sponsors? Check.
And everyone is going Mad Over Kabaddi!
1. It is getting it’s audience MAD, with it’s high flying action.
2. Amitabh Bachhan lent to the madness with his powerful voice in the Kabaddi Anthem.
3. VIP Frenchie is going Mad Over Kabaddi too! As associate sponsors their new TVC depicts a tone of Kabaddi with a difference where girls are pitting against each other to woo the man in question. You HAVE to see this.
4. It also is a source of livelihood for some.
5. It has that STAR presence in it’s audience as well!
6. Not many know, but India has won all 6 editions of the Kabaddi World Cup, and all 6 editions that Kabaddi has been part of the Asian Games
And what has worked for Kabaddi? They got their marketing right. Kabaddi was starved of big celebrity owners, big broadcasters, and big sponsors. They got that right, and are reaping the benefits!