When it comes to condoms, there’s a lot of scope to be funny and witty, and in the world of Durex, they have taken this task way too seriously. They are insanely witty, their creatives always go viral and their humor tickles at all the right places (if you know what we mean).
We have been ‘bhakts’ of Durex, and religiously follow their ads. We have been asked many times, what is it with our obsession with Durex, are we perverted, someone even suggested that we change our name to Mad Over Durex. We think this post will clear all doubts as to why we love them so much. And as far as Durex is concerned, this is merely a tribute to them from their ‘bhakts’
Jai Durex Ki!
1. Durex plays a lot around size. Now we will keep away from passing comments on whether size matters, but Durex sure did make small and large of it.
This ad here, is a fake one inspired from a Burger King ad. However, it is one of the BEST Durex ads you will come across, it’s a little dirty, but hey aren’t we laughing?
2. Now, what’s a condom for? To make sure the swimmers don’t leave the pond, and Durex makes sure they communicate it in their own special way too.
3. Now this one is our all time favourite Durex Ad. The subtlety with which they have communicated the message is to die for!
And they did a similar thing when Greece won Euro 2004
4. Durex also talk about performance and fun! Here’s them using the friggin’ street to get their point across!
5. This one below is Durex’s advertising during the World Cup
6. So they wanted to advertise the ‘extra time’ you can enjoy the act with durex, and they took it quite literally. They reached out to football matches, and sponsored the board which the referee’s assistant shows to signify extra time. Genius!
7. They don’t tell you it’s cheap (cause well let’s face it, it isn’t), but the opportunity cost is very high. And how beautifully is that communicated.
8. The following are fake Durex ads, but they are amazing nonetheless. This set of creatives went viral when back in December 2012, there was a lot of noise about the world coming to an end on the 21st December, 2012. Thanks to the Mayans, we got some crazy advertisements to keep ourselves entertained.
Durex sure makes us Mad Over Marketing! We love the wit, the creativity and the humor. If you do too, don’t forget to share this post with your friends!