The Super Bowl which is the most watched American Television Broadcast, is an advertiser’s paradise. It gets more than 120 Million Viewers. As a result, many high profile television commercials are broadcast during the game, at a very very high price ($4.5 million for a 30 second spot). Super Bowl aside, these ads have become a cultural phenomenon of their own. Many around the world (including us), tune in just to see those commercials. Given the stakes are high, these commercials are also of the highest quality. Some of the best ads of the year are super bowl products.
The Super Bowl 2015 is on the 2nd February, and we are here to track all the advertisement related developments for YOU! So you can sit back, browse this minute by minute updated tracker, and get entertained.
Want to know what the stakes are? Here’s an ad which features Anna Kendrick being angry because her Ad Spot was never broadcasted. Touted as one of the better ads over the last few years.
Here’s what is happening in 2015!
23rd January, 2015
1. Victoria’s Secret has been a feature on Super Bowl back in 2008 as well, and they are returning with 2 spots for this year’s Super Bowl. A 2 minute teaser already released, which is below. In addition they will have a 30 second spot on the Big Day itself. The teaser showcases Adriana Lima, Lily Aldridge, Behati Prinsloo and Doutzen Kroes playing some really sexy football.
Our verdict : It’s frikkin’ Victoria’s Secret, could have been more sexy.
2. This burger company, well known for showcasing sexually explicit ads has returned with an even more suggestive ad. Starring an almost naked model, each scene is filled with hilarious suggestions. Talk about shapes, talk about gestures, you see them all here.
Our verdict : This will bring more cringes than wows.
3. Dove has come back again with a spot which will touch your heart. This ad fathers and their redefining roles in the family is a heart-melter and quickly hits that emotional chord.
Our verdict : Repetitive by Dove, but will be a big eye-catcher because of the emotional content
4. BuzzFeed will release it’s first ever Television Commercial this Super Bowl, and yes, ofcourse it features CATS!
Our verdict : Too long, but will register well with the American Audience.
5. Skittles has come up with a teaser for it’s ad on the big day. It shows men with super strong right arms, and the communication reads “It will be settled”.
Our verdict : They have been successful in creating anticipation using the sporting metaphor, and the humorous promise by the ad director shows good potential for this brand.
6. Don’t look for the Phoenix skyline in Pepsi’s Super Bowl commercial. Look for the desert. Pepsi’s highly anticipated Super Bowl commercial — which will directly lead into the halftime show that it sponsors starring Katy Perry — is set in the desert and is littered with visual “surprises” of desert scenery and desert activity. Pepsi isn’t discussing more details of the 30-second commercial which, they say, will not be publicly revealed until it airs right before the 12-minute halftime show. For Pepsi, Super Bowl advertising and marketing is all about trying to stay culturally relevant.
“The Pepsi brand has been associated with these kinds of cultural moments since Michael Jackson moonwalked, this is our sweet spot.” – Pepsi
^Source : USA Today